Hi!! Long time no post, eh? That’s cos I’ve got loads of shit to do irl at the moment. But I don’t want to disappoint my loyal readers 😉 so here’s an article I’ve “syndicated” from wikiHow. Enjoy… and normal service will be resumed when I can get round to it…
from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Free citywide and municipal Wi-Fi is growing faster than ever with new downtown hotzones popping up every day. While these networks provide a great public service, coverage typically extends only a limited distance beyond Main Street. Learn how to find and connect to your local free wifi networks.
- Find out if your city has a public wifi network by checking Wi-FiHotSpotList.com.
- Download a free wifi finding software such as the one at NetStumbler.com.
- Make or buy an inexpensive directional wireless booster cantenna and connect it to your computer’s wifi card, pcmcia card, or your access point.
- Scan the horizon with your antenna and look for the free network you found in the directory. It is best to point the cantenna out a high window with a clear line of sight to the public network
- Once you find the network, connect and set up your antenna in the position that gives you the best signal strength.
- How to Police Your Kids on the Internet
- How to Use Wifi
- How to Remove Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications
- How to Connect Tivo to a Wifi Network
- How to Improve WiFi Reception
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world’s largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Get Free WiFi from Your City or Town. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
_got=2;_goi=2;_goz=0;_gol=’Free hit counter’;_GoStatsRun();
Free hit counter